People and Culture Coordinator - Recruitment Specialist
The People and Culture team is responsible for all aspects of Viking Experience from recruitment and onboarding to retention, development and engagement. As part of this team, the Recruitment Specialist helps attract the right candidates by creating an inviting and consistent experience for future Vikings. Right now, a huge focus is on ensuring that the virtual Viking experience is just as great as it was in the office - and thinking about how to adapt our People & Culture strategy as we navigate the constantly changing environment.
The P&C Coordinator - Recruitment Specialist will have responsibilities for supporting the Viking Candidate Experience. Reporting to the P&C Manager, this specialist will focus on ensuring every interaction that a candidate has with BVG is fair, consistent, inclusive and positive.
- Recruitment coordinator: Be the first point of contact for prospective Vikings! You will introduce candidates to the Viking experience in initial screening calls for interviews (clarifying and confirming experience), coordinating their interview process with relevant BVG colleagues, and providing answers to common questions.
- Employer brand ambassador: Build and maintain a high value network through proactive relationship-building tactics in candidate social media, at recruiting events, and with recruitment agencies and representatives. Participate in ideation of how best to attract potential Vikings, drawing on observations and lessons learned from your interactions on behalf of BVG.
- Recruitment ATS administration: Ensure our P&C team has up to date information on candidates in the Applicant Tracking System, and that we can use recruitment data effectively to understand and improve the recruitment experience.
- People manager support:: Coordinate the materials and preparation required for hiring managers to effectively navigate the hiring process. This includes understanding the top priority needs for a role, coordinating the role kick-off meeting, supporting the administration for booking interviews and follow-ups, and ensuring anyone who interacts with candidates is up to speed on the progress.
- Internal communications: Ensure open roles are posted internally and any interested Vikings are given a consistent and fair experience with our recruiting process. Help P&C colleagues communicate role openings as well as celebrate the arrival of new Vikings, assisting with the description of a new Viking for the announcement.
- Onboarding assistance: Support the onboarding process by collecting new hire paperwork, ensuring equipment and welcome packages are delivered on time, and delivering orientation presentations on the first day.
The Must Haves:
- 1 years of full cycle recruitment experience or equivalent, preferably in a technical and/or start up environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; able to present with a strong business focus to various stakeholders within the company
- Strong emphasis on delivery positive and great candidate experiences
- A curiosity and love for networking with new people everyday
- A track record of strong work ethic, integrity and great attention to detail
- Comfortable with computers and familiar with the Google Apps suite
- Outgoing, personable attitude
- Self-motivated/self-starter, always looking for new creative things to do
The Nice to Haves:
- Start-up and/or Technology industry experience
- HR Admin experience
- Passion for games!